Applications are invited from qualified Ghanaian students for the above-mentioned awards tenable in Universities in the People’s Republic of China for the 2022/2023 academic year.
The scholarship is for Masters and PhD levels of study and applicants should satisfy the following requirements:
- Be a Ghanaian citizen resident in Ghana
- Applicants applying for Master’s degree programme must be first degree holders (at least 2nd Class Upper or better) in relevant field of study.
- Applicants applying for Doctoral studies should have at least 2nd Class (Upper) and a relevant Master’s degree in related/relevant field of study.
- Candidates must not be above 35 years for Master’s Degree and 40 years for Doctoral studies.
- Be medically fit
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply
Subject Areas/University of Preference
Applicants are to visit the following website to select choice of University and preferred courses of study: http://www.campuschina.org/universities/index.html
Mode of Application:
The Chinese Scholarships Council (CSC) has adopted the Chinese on-line application system and applicants are required to apply electronically and submit the application to the CSC before 11th April, 2022. The system would generate a unique serial for each applicant.
Applicants should visit ‘CSC Study in China’’ website and click ‘Scholarship Application for Students’’ at http://www.campuschina.org to commence the application process. The Programme Category is “Type A” and the Agency Number of the Scholarships Secretariat required to facilitate the application process is 2881.
Eligible applicants should apply in writing and submit hard copy of completed Application Form and requisite attachments such as certified copies of academic certificates and transcript, Study plan and Research proposal of 800 words as well as 2 recommendation letters from Professors or Associate Professors, Copy of birth certificate, One (1) passport size photograph, Copy of National Service Certificate, Curriculum Vitae, recent bio-data of passport with validity later than March 1, 2023 and as well as Foreign Physical Examination Form to the address below:
GHANA SCHOLARSHIPS SECRETARIAT
P.O. BOX M75
Further, applicants are also requested to submit the following documents if applicable:
- Pre-admission letter from a Chinese Government Scholarship Universities
- Language qualification certificate eg. HSK Certificates, IELTS or TOFEL report.
Hard copies of the Applications and relevant documents must reach the Secretariat not later than Monday, 11th April, 2022.
Please note that the offer is limited and therefore only shortlisted applicants who meet the criteria would be invited for interview.
Applicants are informed that the services provided by the Secretariat are FREE and that no Individual, Group or Third Party Entity has been engaged by the Secretariat to assist any applicant.